logo

About Us

It all started as a small canteen keeping in mind to cater needs of the students of the nearby National High School and Acharya Patashala. Venkataramana Ural, from a place called Saligrama near Udupi, set this up in the early 1943-44. Passed on to the hands of his brother Parameshwara Ural, the restaurant bloomed to its demand.

In 1970, Vidyarthi Bhavan was taken over by Ramakrishna Adiga who hailed from Shankaranaryana, a village near Kundapur. What changed was just the management, but the name, tradition, recipes remained the same so was the services of many of the employees. The overflowing demand and its profound popularity shall be the prudent evidence for its unchanging taste, flavour & delicacy.

Vidyarthi Bhavan,VidyarthiBhavan_owner,Masala dosa
Vidyarthi Bhavan,VidyarthiBhavan_owner,Masala dosa
Vidyarthi Bhavan,VidyarthiBhavan_owner,Masala dosa

Standing right there where it started, Vidyarthi Bhavan has very little to change except for its minor upgradation in its interiors and a little extra comfort to ensure convenience to its everyday growing customers.

Arun Kumar Adiga, joined his father Ramakrishna Adiga in 2005 by quitting his Engineering job and currently, the father-son duo have been continuing this legacy with an able support from its staff, who are an integral part of Vidyarthi Bhavan family.

© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Powered by GravitySoft